Flying for the first time

When we were kids, it was only a dream to be able to fly. But dreams can be turned into reality. We were able to fly at just the right age. Not too late.

IMG_9069

Call me silly, but the feeling of doing something or being at some place for the first time, like flying for the first, makes me feel like I’m being executed! Perhaps, because of the many survival movies I’ve watched, like the latest movie Life of Pi where he was shipwrecked and his family wasn’t able to survive. Okay, I know, I’ll stop the nonsense but please, allow me to tell you our story.

We got our plane tickets 3 months before our trip to Palawan.  I was in Bulacan with a friend when sister called me. She’s booking a flight for the first time. I told her to ask mom for her credit card details but mom was busy that moment. Plus she cant remember her password. Ugh!

I thought we’ll never be able to catch another promo but after a few minutes, sister called again to tell me the good news. We got it! Yeah!

Okay, after doing series of revisions on our Do-it-Yourself itinerary and calling all the contact persons, fast forward to January 27 {our flight}.

4 hours before our departure, we were already in Naia Terminal 3 {Breaking the record}. Haha! So, we checked in our baggage first, and grabbed our lunch.

IMG_9002

Long lines at Cebu Pacific

IMG-20130127-01586

Lunch (L-R, MC, Van, Joe, Me, mom and Juan)

After the lunch at the expensive restaurant, we waited for another hour. We headed to the proceeding area {not sure how they call it}.

IMG-20130127-01593

We were waiting, patiently {with the United Nation sitting with us}.

IMG_9043

That’s me! Heading to  my first plane ride! {can you feel my irregular heart rate?} 

IMG_9041

Be careful with our baggage

IMG_6579

View from the window

IMG_6562

I can feel its speed . It’s pain to our ears. I was holding mom’s hand so tight to ease my panicking heart. It’s going faster and faster then zooom!!! We’re flying!

IMG_9056

I wish I could hug them tight!Grr

IMG_9054

In my thoughts, these cottony thing were already melting in my mouth. rawr!

Airplane is one amazing invention! And God has done an amazing job on keeping us safe.

IMG_9078

Just in time, PPC Int’l Airport Crew waiting always with a smile

IMG_9086

See the excitement?

IMG_9089

We’re coming!Smile 

Okay, fast forward again to Feb 1. Our flight back to Manila.

APDV0001

Palawan is United Nation! :)

IMG_6466

IMG_6503

Good bye, beautiful!

IMG_6475

The feeling of me being paranoid was lessened, somehow. Thanks to the beautiful Island.

IMG_6492

IMG_6496

IMG_6517

Oh God, please allow me to touch them and I’ll be the happiest!

IMG_6530

Hello Manila!

IMG_6548

I was only seeing you via Google Earth and now…

IMG_6554

And we’re back to the city.

Now I understand Henry Rollins when he begged young people to travel. For he knew travelling is one life changing experience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

palawan a must visit island :)

footontheloose said...

I definitely agree :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...